Monday, July 26, 2010

California State Series-Big Bear Shoot Out 3

Boy Mullet and myself headed up for the Bear saturday afternoon after liam's b-day party. Arrived just before 5pm and picked up our race packets. After letting Brian take a nap to shake his car sickness, we went over to Snow Summit and peddled to the top. Logged in about 10 miles and called it a day.

In the morning it was Denny's for fuel and then off to the races to do some warm up with SDBC at the race. Brian's class took off before me, which was chock full of talent (Cat2 single speed). Then about 5 min later, my class took off(Cat3 30-34), which would be my last race as a Cat3. I started out with the usual steady pace and passed the guys that took off hard toward the first climb. I was battling 4 guys for about 4 miles, then down to 3 for another couple miles, then it was just down to me and one other guy going back and forth all the way to the last mile (about 18.5 miles total).

When it came to the finish, I beat him by 30 seconds and took THIRD!! Brian placed 6th against some really FAST guys!! So another great weekend of racing up at Big Bear, just in time to hit Rim Nordic hard..

No comments:

Post a Comment